Road trip? Plane journey? Or maybe just getting together with family and friends at home, games are super important! I’m pretty sure it’s evident from some of my other blog posts… but I really do love a challenge and strive for (healthy) competition. Mo’s not a massive fan, but Hafs and G are big gamers and we have some incredible memories of gaming catastrophes which live on and still make me laugh today (most are from articulate). I thought I’d share some of my favourite travel sized ones, in case anyone is looking for fun distractions now that the holidays are coming up, so here are my top 5 travel games:
Available on Amazon, RRP £15.99
A firm favourite in our household, if you’re a fan of Scrabble, then Bananagrams is a must buy. A word game like no other, it’s fast, it’s portable and you can play it in pairs or in a group. Ticks all the boxes and honestly, even when we’re not travelling this game gives us hours of fun!
2. Pass the Pigs
Available on pass the pigs official website, RRP £9.99
I’ll admit I was drawn in simply by the name of this game when I first came across it at the BlogOn Bloggers conference a couple of months ago. I couldn’t resist trying it out when I saw how cute the little piggy were. The game is simple and easy for everyone and anyone to understand. All you have to do is launch the little pigs in the air and compare the landing positions against the scorecard. It seems like a game of luck… but there is actually an element of skill to it. Of course, just like Bananagrams, it comes in a handy carry case, perfect for when you’re on the go.
Available on Amazon, RRP £6.99
Oh this an oldie but a goodie! Uno brings back some of the best memories for me. My sister and I have been playing Uno since we were really little (we even made up songs about it!?! Yes, we are that weird). Uno is simple. It’s fun. It’s sneaky. It’s cards, with a twist.
4. Say what you see
Available on Paladone, RRP £5.99
Similar concept to Articulate, this was another game I discovered recently. I originally looked for these kind of games on apps but all the ones I found were just not that great. ‘Say What you see’ is basically a quick fire catchphrase guessing game. In my experience that means lots of
Yup a normal pack of cards. I’ve put this on here because it’s amazing how most of us probably have a deck at home but never think to travel with it. Cards are pretty much available in most countries and I’m always fascinated at the number of games you can play with it. My sister and I grew up playing a game called ‘speed’ and also became addicted to another one we named ‘Nazia’s game’ after the little lady Nazia who taught it to us. Nazia didn’t speak English and we didn’t speak Urdu yet somehow she managed to teach my sister and I this game and it’s sort of stuck with us. And that right there, is the beauty of a plain old pack of cards.
So those are my top 5 travel games, what are yours? Any others you can suggest?
*** COMPETITION ***
Have you got travel plans coming up? Need some on road entertainment? Well, I’ve got a competition for you! (the first of a few 😉 ) I’ve got the following ready and waiting to get to you in time for Christmas:
Pass the Pigs
- Hours of fun are guaranteed with this exciting Pass the Pigs game. Perfect for taking on the road, the Pass the Pigs game comes in a handy travel case, so there’s never a dull moment to be had!
- Pass the Pigs is a game of skill for 2-6 players, it comes with a handy carry case, 2 pencils, 2 pigs and a pocket-sized score card.
- Suitable for ages 3+ and available for £9.99rrp.
Pass the Pigs party
- The version for party animals! Now there are EIGHT pigs in the game to play with. Roll your piggies to try and be first to match the position on your card, get bonus points if you do it on your first go! Be the first to rack up 100 points. £14.99rrp.
- 8 small plastic piggies (four pairs)
- Deck of 30 cards
- Carry case
I’m afraid this competition is only open to Twitter people this time around, but I’ve made it super simple! All you have to do is follow and retweet to be in with a chance of winning Pass the Pigs AND Pass the Pigs party, so what are you waiting for?
Go go go!
- Last day for entry is 4th December, Winner to be announced 12:00pm 5th December.
- Winner will be selected randomly by rafflecopter
- Winner will be contacted by twitter direct message
- If no response is received within a 48hr period, a new winner will be chosen.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- By entering this competition participants consent to their full names being available by request from jetsetchick.com
- Prizes have been supplied by PassthePigs.com,
- Entry to this competition confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.