There’s just over a week left of Ramadhan. Wow that has gone FAST. I can’t actually believe how quickly time has passed this year. For those of you who have been fasting well done! The days have not only been the longest but the weather, here in the UK, has been unexpectantly quite warm.
I didn’t do my usual what is Ramadhan and why we do it update this year because, well I’ve already told you all that previously:
One thing I always mention to friends who are curiously asking questions that I probably haven’t told you before… is that although fasting is about Muslims refraining from any food or drink during daylight hours, it doesn’t mean we don’t like to talk about it.
People who are not fasting are always afraid to utter sentences that include any mention of food or what they’re having for tea or dinner. Now I obviously can’t speak for the whole Muslim population, but personally I love talking about food – fasting or not! After waiting all day for that all important iftar meal it’s nice to get excited about what meal we’ve got planned.
On that note… my next competition is ALL ABOUT FOOD.
If you are fasting and feeling hungry, maybe this isn’t for you (but you’d be missing out on a decent prize).
I loved hearing everyone’s meal time suggestions last year, so much so that I’ve teamed back up with intu Trafford Centre to run the competition all over again. If you’re subscribed to their emails, you’ll notice I recently shared my iftar tips if you’re heading over for some Eid shopping. Now it’s time for you to help me…
After a long day of fasting, what would you choose for your ideal iftar meal?
Quick reminder if you’re unsure what iftar is: In Ramadan, iftar comes at the moment of dusk, when the sun goes down and Muslims can finally eat after a long day of fasting
So is it your mums fish pie? Half a chicken from Nandos? Pizza? Roast dinner?
Share your favourites and you could be in with a chance to win £100 intu Trafford Centre Gift card, which can be used at over 2000 stores across 14 shopping centres.
Share your ideas or pictures with me @jetsetchick and @intutraffordcentre using the hashtag #idealiftar to enter the competition.
(Follow both accounts for an additional entry into the draw)
You’ve got just one week to get your entries in as the last day for entry is Thursday 14th June.
P.s. > For anyone who is fasting: I wish you all the best with this last week of Ramadhan, may your prayers and all your efforts be accepted ♥️
*** Terms & Conditions ***
- You can share as many or as little entries as you want!
- Entries must include the hashtag #idealiftar to be considered
- Last day for entry is Thursday 14th June 2018
- Winners will be randomly selected using a random selector program
- Only entries made between 7-14th June 2018 will be considered for this prize
- Winner to be announced 12:00pm Friday 15th June 2018 and will be contacted by twitter/instagram direct message
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- By entering this competition participants consent to their full names being available by request from jetsetchick.com
- By submitting photographs under the #idealiftar hashtag participants consent to their photograph being used on jetsetchick.com
- Prize can only be redeemed via collection or post to a UK address.
- Entry to this competition confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
Head Chick at Jet Set Chick
Keen interest in art and design, discovering new cultures and learning from my experiences. Oh and cats. I love anything to do with cats.